I am so excited to announce that we will shortly be offering sewing classes at Fabric Godmother. *waves hands in the air in an excited manner*
The classes will be held in our wonderful room of fabulous fabric in Hove Sussex.
The first class will be a ‘Get to know your overlocker’ class taught by the overlocking guru Julia Hinks on the 24th October.
There are many more classes in the pipe line but if there is anything in particular you would like to see added then please feel free to email me email@example.com or leave a comment in the comment section below this blog post with your ideas and suggestions.
Classes are available to book via our website http://www.fabricgodmother.co.uk/classes/
- · Thread, unthread and rethread your machine
- · Adjust the tension dials to create a perfectly balanced stitch
- · Adjust the stitch length
- · Adjust the stitch width – by removing a needle and also by moving the stitch finger
- · Adjust differential feed on your machine (if it has this function) and discover the effects of this
- · Overlock corners and curves
- · Discover simple hemming techniques, exclusive to overlocking
- · Use your newly learned skills to create a snood – perfect for winter!
- · Tuition from Julia Hincks, author of ‘The Overlocker Technique Manual’.
- · Tea, coffee and biscuits
- · Fabric to practice on
- · Overlockers (if you don’t have your own)
- · A day of learning, fun and biscuits
- · 10% discount at Fabric Godmother on the day of the course
- · Your overlocker, if you have one, if not, use one of ours. Don’t forget to bring the power cable and accessories (tweezers are essential)
- Selection of threads – these can be matching spools or different colours. Please bring at least 4 spools. These do not have to be the cone style threads – you can use most types of general sewing threads on your overlocker
- · 70cm of lightweight jersey to make your snood and matching thread. (We have loads of jerseys here at Fabric Godmother so if you don’t have anything in your stash – you can buy fabric here on the day and make use of your 10% off discount!)
- · Any overlocking projects you are currently working on that you would like some help with
- · Scraps of different fabric types you want to practice with – we will provide fabric scraps if you are unable to bring any
- · Fabric scissors